Solo Scottish step dance
Known to have been taught by the following dancing masters:-
- William Adamson of Kingskettle, Fife
- Professor Blackley of Lanark (notation from Marion Blackley)
- Andrew Cochrane – taught in West Gordan (Notation from Alexander Lothian)
- William Fotheringham of Saltcoats (notation from Mrs H I MacLeod)
- George William Lowe – taught in Edinburgh & Inverness
- Joseph Lowe of Edinburgh
- John MacMillan of South Uist
- Peter Marshall of Dunragit (some notation from Thomas Shanks)
- George Shepherd Maxwell in Athelstaneford area (notation from Christina Cumming)
- Mr McDougall – West coast of Scotland
- Dougal McKelvie – taught on Arran
- James Neill of Forfar
- John Reid of Kirriemuir (notation of Marquis of Huntly’s Highland Fling from Betsy Storrier)
- Thomas Shanks of Dunragit
- Elizabeth Wallace – taught in Kilmarnoch
Notations were provided by:-
Mr Buie, Dance description
Christina Cumming – Dance description
Sandy Gillies – Dance description 7/7/1956.
Alex MacIntosh, Dance description 8/7/1956.
John MacLean – Dance description 8/7/1956.
Notation derived from an interview by Tom Flett with E.B. McNicoll 19/3/1954.